Ordnance Survey Boundary Line
Features and benefits
Boundary-Line is a specialist dataset of voting and administrative boundaries. The information is represented as vector digital data. It provides a full hierarchy of boundaries, from district, wards and civil parishes (or communities) up to parliamentary, assembly and European constituencies.
- A detailed and definitive boundary dataset for Great Britain suited to multiple applications using a GIS, CAD and digital mapping systems.
- Structured vector format, offering maximum functionality.
- Derived mainly from 1:10 000 scale Boundary Record mapping.
- Area values for every polygon.
- Census Agency codes (where available) allow you to link Boundary-Line polygons with census statistics.
- Development and land use planning
- Environmental impact analysis
- Vehicle routing
- Asset management
- Marketing analysis
|Mapping type||Vector co-ordinate based product|
|Style||Outline mapping illustrating administrative areas and associated attributes|
|Used in||Development and land use planning, Development and land use planning, Asset management and marketing analysis|
|Can be put into||Geographical Information Systems (GIS) for analysis|
|Combinations||Combine with base mapping to give geographical bearing and with statistical data for analysis purposes.|
|Available as||DXF, DWG, MID/MIF, SHP, BDS files - see more information for compatibility|
|Cannot||Be used without appropriate software and preferably background mapping|
|Also consider||For more basic needs, boundary information may be requested as an overlay to background mapping types through the normal order process (STEP 4)|