UKMap Topo Heights
The Heights database for UKMap holds the height data for every building element shown in the Base.
Three height values are provided for each building polygon. These are:
- Height of the top of the building polygon above sea level
- Height of the base of the building polygon above sea level
- The difference to provide the height above local ground
- The height data are extracted from either LiDAR or aerial photography.
- Detailed height values for each building polygon enable rapid 3D visualisation for urban design.
- Building height data for flood risk analysis.
- Top of building height values support line of sight, CCTV location and microwave transmission planning.