UKMap Topo Overlay
The Overlay layer for UKMap holds features that overlap with those in the Base layer.
A 1:1,000 scale topographic map holding a number of specialised features that are difficult to represent in the Base layer. These are:
- Tree Canopies
- Power lines
- First floor of retail centres
- All of the features held in the Base are classified by land use and feature type, e.g. hard standing, natural, road, water etc enabling you to easily and quickly select features you want to map.
- Individual tree canopies and the canopy diameter provide detail for risk insurance and tree preservation projects.
- A network of polygons showing the total width of power lines provides key data for health and utility applications.
- Additional first floor retail information offers increased retail intelligence.
- Separation of conflicting topographic features enables clearer mapping and improves database management.