Combine the British Geological Survey 1:50,000 scale geological mapping and GeoSure product for a full understanding of the rock types present and the implications that these have on potential ground movement or subsidence.
The GeoSure component is complimented by the British Geological Survey 1:50,000 data which underpins the ratings given in the various GeoSure categories. Comparing the two datasets quickly reveals a deeper understanding of why risks may have been attributed to any given area.
- Insurance ratings
- Risk Analysis
- Local development planning
- Environmental management
- Layered PDF for easy viewing, combining vector (line and point) based geological information and image based background mapping.
GeoSure national data sets give you valuable information about:
- Soluble rocks
- Shrink swell
- Compressible ground
- Running sand
- Collapsible rocks
The British Geological Survey 1:50,000 scale Geology product offers:
- OS 1:50,000 mapping
- BGS Bedrock (Solid) Geology
- BGS Superficial (Drift) Geology
- BGS Linear features - (e.g. faults and folds)
- Also included where mapped are:
- Artificial Ground Geology
- Mass Movement Geology
- BGS 1:50,000 plus GeoSure Standard - at the mapping scale of 1:50,000
- BGS 1:50,000 plus GeoSure Enlarged - enlarged by 2 to a scale of 1:25,000
The enlargement offers no greater accuracy or detail but provides a product which is less compact and thus simpler to read for complex or 'busy' geological areas. It is also useful if you only require a small area but want to fill a certain sheet size, for example A4.
Information on potential ground movement or subsidence in a helpful and consistent rating system
BGS 50k Mapping
This is the most recent British Geological Survey (BGS) interpretation of the geology of Great Britain
BGS 10k Mapping
British Geological Survey (BGS) 10k geology overlaid on Ordnance Survey 10k mapping