OS VectorMap Local is the most detailed of the OS backdrop mapping data products and covers the whole of Great Britain. Designed for creating graphical mapping, it can be used as is or provide a highly versatile geographic context for overlaying map data features.
The vector dataset version allows you to easily edit and customise the data to suit your application, such as adding or removing features and changing colour and styling. Alternatively, you could opt for a ready-to-use pre-defined raster version.
Delivered within minutes, the data includes:
- Generalised building outlines
- Contour lines
- Field boundaries
- Road centre lines
- Department of Transport road classifications
- Vegetation extents
- Urban extents
- Hydrology and land areas
It also includes non-topographic features such as administrative and electoral boundaries, cartographic text and symbols, and can be supplied with or without OS Terrain 5 contours.
The data is a replacement vector version of the popular OS 1:10,000 Scale Colour Raster Mapping (CRM) and is generalised to be viewed at scales between 1:3,000 and 1:20,000.
- Display information online
- Asset management
- Land planning and use
- Public consultation documents
Raster (print ready):
- Georeferenced TIFF
- Georeferenced JPG
- Georeferenced TIFF_Lzw (for map information)
Vector (data export):
- Includes buildings, roads, railways watercourses and land areas, plus boundaries, cartographic text and symbols.
- OS VectorMap® Local provides the content you need to create customised backdrop map data to maximise the value and presentation of your location data.
OS VectorMap District is a mid-scale digital raster and vector mapping product that gives a district level view
1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster is the digital equivalent of the (pink) OS Landranger paper map series
Smallest scale Ordnance Survey product available. 1:1,000,000 scale provides a complete overview of GB